Expression Of Interest
The Relocation Company (TRC) a wholly Australian owned company having been in operation for over 15 years, providing relocation services Australia-wide. TRC is equally owned and operated by Stephen McIlroy and Gregory Wilkinson, both having over 25 years experience in Relocation Management and Business Relocations.
TRC are in a unique position to be able to offer you the opportunity to experience all the services a large organisation has to offer whilst still enjoying the personalised services of true Business Relocation professionals.
Our record in Business Relocations and the Project Management of large and complex University Relocations is unmatched in the industry.
The core values of our business are represented by:
At TRC, integrity is the number one value in our book. We ensure a smooth and successful relocation through close working relationships with developers, builders, FF&E consultants, and the best of suppliers.
We have the ability to handle projects of all sizes and complexity. Our management and supervisory personnel have an enormous amount of experience and are our most valuable assets .
We provide a broad range of quality relocation solutions for offices, warehouses, hospitals, laboratories, libraries, and hotel FF&E installations. We keep a tight focus on efficiency and care in our relocation work, with specialised material handling equipment to move the most delicate, fragile and difficult items.
We are committed to maintaining our excellent reputation by continuing to invest in training and OH&S improvements ensuring that we keep our people, our clients and the public safe.
TRC also utilise specifically designed computerised planning and furniture tracking systems that can be adapted to incorporate your own purchasing codes and references.
FF&E Project Management
Our personalised approach to Relocation Management ensures that your specific needs are identified and addressed in the early planning stages. This goes a long way to minimising any disruption to business, lessening the impact of stress on your staff and to ensuring a smooth relocation.
In our experience, the fundamental key to a successful relocation is excellent communication and an open relationship between ourselves and our clients. The other key is meticulous attention to the planning and preparation stages of each project. We will be sure to have identified all potential risks and vigorously test these prior to commencement ensuing a robust mitigation strategy is developed.
Before a single piece of FF&E is packed or moved, our Project Manager and Supervisory personnel will have an intimate understanding of what, how and when items are to be installed.
During our pre-move planning and preparation our Project Team will have:
● Conducted a full Risk assessment and Risk analysis;
● Familiarised themselves with the site;
● Briefed The Relocation Company Supervisors and crews on OH&S, site requirements, installation schedule etc;
● Liaised with all relevant parties – builders, government authorities etc;
● Finalised resource requirements;
FF&E Asset Tracking
The system has several functions which allow the user to track items by different means. Each function can be tailored to any project depending on individual requirements.
TRC have a comprehensive insurance program and are registered providers of insurance through Australian Furniture Removals Association (AFRA), the preeminent industry body, as required under the Financial Services Act (FSA).
TRC have professional Indemnity insurance to the value of $6 million.
Public Liability Insurance
The Relocation Company has public liability insurance to $20 million.
Our personnel are fully protected under current work cover legislation.
Transit and Storage Insurance
An all risks full transit insurance or limited liability cover for storage and transit of your goods can be arranged through TRC.
TRC operates with full-time operative personnel, administrative staff and experienced casual personnel that hold working with children checks. Where we require additional temporary staff, we have preferred supplier agreements in place with two labour providers. This affords us access to further inducted and trained personnel. We also adopt a supervisor to crew ratio of 1:4 and equipment to crew ratio of 2:1. We pride ourselves in training and equipping our personnel to the highest standard.
Our storage facilities have a comprehensive 24/7 monitored “back-to-base” security alarm system. We also maintain regular fire and pest prevention programs. Furniture items are stored in secure individual consignment lots and easily accessible for inspection purposes. The security of our client’s goods are of utmost importance to us.
TRC maintains a fleet of fully enclosed furniture moving vehicles fitted with hydraulic tailgates, air-ride suspension, furniture pads, furniture ties, equipment and toolboxes.
Our manual handling equipment list is extensive and caters for all lifting and loading requirements.
All our equipment and vehicles are maintained to the highest standards.
Relocation of Computers and Printers
The following method will be used in the Packing, Relocation and Unpacking of Computers and Electronic Equipment:
● In conjunction with your Company Personnel, our Relocation Project Manager will determine the IT relocation order and sequencing.
● Each piece of IT equipment, including hard drives, keywords, monitors, mouses and cords will be identified, checked off and labelled by your Company's IT Team, using our colour coded labels which will detail the destination location number.
● We will provide zip lock bags that are large enough to place computer peripheral devices such as keyboards, cables, mouses and mouse pads, just to name a few.
● Each piece of IT equipment will be individually bubble wrapped in anti-static bubble wrap bags and placed onto multi-shelved, fully enclosed computer trolleys (computer trolleys are capable of safely carrying 8 - 12 PC’s).
● The computer trolleys will be loaded and transported via a hydraulic tailgate vehicle fitted with airbag suspension.
● All equipment will be placed on desktop/workstations and unwrapped, ready for re connection and testing.
Packing and Unpacking of Filing Areas
Prior to commencement of the packing process, our Project Manager will in conjunction with your Company's Secretarial and Professional personnel:
● Establish the existing order and sequencing of all records and filing storage areas
● Ensure all areas are labelled, colour coded and numbered to identify the start and finishing points of each filing series
● Ensure files from existing shelves will be packed, in exactly the same sequential order, onto shelving (of similar size and dimensions) in our fully enclosed steel library trolleys and/or cartons and crates
● Affix, to the exterior of each library trolley, a unique trolley number which will consist of a large colour coded label
● Prepare a “packing slip” for each trolley which will detail the starting and finishing records within the trolley, and the trolley number
● Ensure uplift and delivery (by shelf and compactus bay) location numbers.